[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg/MPlayer/rtmpdump possibly searching for a new server and hosting

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sun Jul 5 03:51:07 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 01:15:51PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 04, 2015 at 12:45:18PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 07:53:43PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > It is POSSIBLE that we need to move to different servers/hosting.
> > > We have been informed that the free hosting and servers we use
> > > currently may become unavailable in the future.
> > >
> > > Thus if someone can provide the FFmpeg/MPlayer/rtmpdump projects with
> > > a free server and hosting, knows of some company who might provide us
> > > with that or wants to sponsor a server & hosting
> > > please reply ASAP
> > >
> > > Thank you!
> > >
> > > PS: please use reply to all so the thread does not get fragmented
> > > between mailing lists
> >
> > The possibility changed to the worse
> > we must move
> >
> > no details known ATM but if you can help please join
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/ffmpeg-admins
> > used SF as i had nothing else, feel free to setup a better ML
>
> note, to make this clear there will be no ffmpeg.org or mplayerhq.hu
> soon if noone helps
> we need a server we need volunteers to help with the move

quick update
we got a new server and transferred many things already (ill write
more later)
what is not transferred yet is trac and mailman
if someone reading this knows mailman and want to help please join
##ffmpeg-admin on freenode

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities
are wrong. -- Voltaire