[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC Weely report (libswscale)

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jul 9 19:37:58 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 08, 2015 at 10:36:56PM -0300, Pedro Arthur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Last week I worked on adding the ring buffer logic into SwsSlice and fixing
> some seg faults. As I'm having some problems with git send-email through
> gmail I've attached the patch.

these patches dont seem to apply cleanly
You can try to apply them on a fresh checkout to see the problem
(also see below)

Also i think you used git merge in your git branch, this is not
recommanded, and might be related to why they dont apply

In practice its probably best if you use git pull --rebase
when updating to a new version. Its quite likely that earlier changes
in the set will need to be updated and that would not be possible
with a merge occirug later

to correct the patches so they apply again you can probably
checkout origin/master, create a new branch and cherry pick
the comits on top of that, correcting any conflicts that might pop
up, and test that things still work after moving the changes on top
of the latest code

ffmpeg-git/ffmpeg/.git/rebase-apply/patch:142: tab in indent.
        int maxSize;
ffmpeg-git/ffmpeg/.git/rebase-apply/patch:153: tab in indent.
        maxSize = FFMAX(c->vLumFilterSize, c->vChrFilterSize << c->chrSrcVSubSample);
error: libswscale/slice.c: does not exist in index
error: patch failed: libswscale/swscale.c:451
error: libswscale/swscale.c: patch does not apply
error: patch failed: libswscale/swscale_internal.h:932
error: libswscale/swscale_internal.h: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 swscale: fix seg fault when accessing src slice
The copy of the patch that failed is found in:
   ffmpeg-git/ffmpeg/.git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

Applying: swscale: fix seg fault when accessing src slice
ffmpeg-git/ffmpeg/.git/rebase-apply/patch:142: tab in indent.
        int maxSize;
ffmpeg-git/ffmpeg/.git/rebase-apply/patch:153: tab in indent.
        maxSize = FFMAX(c->vLumFilterSize, c->vChrFilterSize << c->chrSrcVSubSample);
warning: 2 lines add whitespace errors.
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
A       libswscale/slice.c
M       libswscale/swscale.c
M       libswscale/swscale_internal.h
<stdin>:142: tab in indent.
        int maxSize;
<stdin>:153: tab in indent.
        maxSize = FFMAX(c->vLumFilterSize, c->vChrFilterSize << c->chrSrcVSubSample);
<stdin>:165: new blank line at EOF.
+
warning: 2 lines applied after fixing whitespace errors.
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
error: refusing to lose untracked file at 'libswscale/slice.c'
Auto-merging libswscale/swscale_internal.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in libswscale/swscale_internal.h
Auto-merging libswscale/swscale.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in libswscale/swscale.c
CONFLICT (modify/delete): libswscale/slice.c deleted in HEAD and modified in swscale: fix seg fault when accessing src slice. Version swscale: fix seg fault when accessing src slice of libswscale/slice.c left in tree.
Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0001 swscale: fix seg fault when accessing src slice
The copy of the patch that failed is found in:
   ffmpeg-git/ffmpeg/.git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --continue".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA