[FFmpeg-devel] Need help with threading issue (possible deadlock?)

Donny Yang work at kota.moe
Mon Jul 13 10:26:37 CEST 2015

Hello

I'm trying to fix ffmpeg's APNG decoding for images with the PREVIOUS
dispose op while trying to keep it multithreaded, but it seems to deadlock
whenever I use more that one thread.

Is there something obvious I'm missing, or otherwise misunderstanding how
ffmpeg's threads work?
Or should I just disable threading?

PS. I already asked my GSoC mentor about this and he said to disable
threading, but I submitted a patch a while ago to disable threading and
another dev was against that.