[FFmpeg-devel] avfoundation AVMediaTypeMuxed device support

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Mon Jul 27 18:08:33 CEST 2015

Hi, with the attached patch, ffmpeg avfoundation device input
is able to find my canopus dv firewire adapter.
I only have 1 format 'muxed' and it's not possible to set resolution or framerate
via 'setValue'.

I've looked at the code in the AVRecorder sample:
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/samplecode/AVRecorder/Introduction/Intro.html

it's able to correctly record (audio and video) from dv adapter
using almost same api calls of ffmpeg.

with my patch ffmpeg is able to record too (video only) but looks like
there is a problem with video resolution.

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-avrecorder.png
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-ffmpeg.png

and videos:

http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-avrecorder.mov
http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/upload/with-ffmpeg.mp4

I known the patch can be improved, but I should at least solve
the resolution problem.

Any help would be appreciated
Regards

--