[FFmpeg-devel] ticket 4577 - wrong duration for g729 in wav

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Jul 29 02:03:59 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 07:24:08PM -0400, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote:
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/4577 has been updated recently by me
> with some analysis. Basically, strictly following spec, this file does
> not follow it. I do not know what ffmpeg's policy is regarding such
> files; hence this message.
>
> Depending on this policy, this either needs to be marked as a wontfix,
> ask for a reupload, or I will work on a patch for this.

for the decoder/demuxer side, that is input, everything that someone
wants to support and does the work will be supported. Even if it is
not spec compliant, theres also too much non spec compliant stuff out
there to ignore it all ...
(there where a very small number of exceptions where the community
decided to refuse support of some minor things due to significant mess
or other very significant problems that would have resulted) But in
general yes we try to support every file out there

I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not
approve, and what they approve I do not know. -- Epicurus