[FFmpeg-devel] implement process_command for vf_scale and vf_crop

Bernd Blessmann bb at it-entwicklung.de
Thu Jun 25 16:20:56 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I want to implement process_command for vf_scale.c and vf_crop.c in order to use zmq to change
scaling and cropping dynamically.

I have implemented it using av_opt_set() and calling config_props() for scale and config_input() and
config_output() for crop. I am using the config_-functions because they handle variable parsing and
checking of the values. But I do not know if this is the right way to do it and if it is safe to
call these functions from process_command.

Maybe someone can comment on these implementation or outline a way to implement process_command for
these filters.

I attach patches including my implementation so far.

Thank you very much in advance
   Bernd