[FFmpeg-devel] New asf demuxer

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Jun 28 16:46:12 CEST 2015

On Sunday 28 June 2015 04:42:30 pm Nicolas George wrote:
> Le decadi 10 messidor, an CCXXIII, Carl Eugen Hoyos a écrit :
> > But please allow me to repeat my question: Why do
> > think the new demuxer should be used? What sample
> > does it fix?
>
> Why do you think it should NOT be used?

The main reason imo is that it is (apparently, I may
of course be wrong) not intended to fix anything but
just to remove a demuxer that has seen many (man-)
years of testing.
From a very quick look, the new code seems mostly
unreviewed which makes me think that it can't really
be tested.

Do you disagree? Do you know of samples that work
better with the new demuxer?

Carl Eugen