[FFmpeg-devel] Windows deprecated stdin reading method

Peter dravorek at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 8 12:07:24 CET 2015

So testing on Windows 8.1 the results seem identical

||shell            ||command
||stdin->_cnt > 0||WaitForSingleObject||
||=================||=========================================||===============||===================||
||cmd.exe          || .\test.exe <a.txt                       || input
ignored || input ignored     ||
||cmd.exe          || type a.txt | .\test.exe                 || works
        || works             ||
||msys/cmd.exe     || .\test.exe <a.txt                       || input
ignored || input ignored     ||
||msys/cmd.exe     || cat a.txt | .\test.exe                  || works
        || works             ||
||powershell       || Get-Content input-file.txt | .\test.exe || works
        || works             ||
||cygwin/mintty.exe|| .\test.exe <a.txt                       || input
ignored || input ignored     ||
||cygwin/mintty.exe|| cat a.txt | .\test.exe                  || works
        || works             ||

I'm not sure I'm doing the redirection right. If there's something
else that I need to test
I would appreciate some input (no clue what can reasonably passed as
stdin to CreateProcess
or whether testing that is necessary)

Also, very crucially, I just checked if any of these methods actually
triggered either condition
and none of the things I tried actually entered  the body of the if-check.

Is there anything that would normally trigger the "stdin->_cnt > 0" in
that location ?