[FFmpeg-devel] Patch for libavcodec/exr.c implementing B44 compression technique

greeshma greeshmabalabadra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 06:36:33 CET 2015

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Derek Buitenhuis <
derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/18/2015 2:20 PM, Derek Buitenhuis wrote:
> > Also, if you wrote this code, this copyright is both incorrect
> > and makes it non-free.
>
> Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes.

So after checking, the vast majority of this patch is copy & pasted
> from OpenEXR.
>
> On that note, a few points:
>
> 1. You have no properly recreated the license and copyright from OpenEXR,
>    which is under 3-clause BSD.
>
> 2. Copying I believe copying and pasting is not in the spirit of GSOC,
>    and does not deserve to be a passing grade for the qualifying task.

Yes, I have based major functions like unpack14 and unpack3 on Code from
OpenEXR.Since this is the first time working on Open Source Software (even
last time i worked i couldn't finish the task) i have taken code from other
sources. I got to know about the OpenExr from the Copyrights of exr.c file.
This is not the final patch. I would definitely work on the functions and
modify them accordingly.