[FFmpeg-devel] Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K - Decklink - Problem to select RGB color space

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Mar 19 09:32:55 CET 2015

Gonzalo Berdeal <gonberdeal <at> gmail.com> writes:

> l have just bought the new Intensity Pro 4K and I
> can not make it work (however, it works fine with
> official desktop software).

You mean it does not work for 8bit yuv?
In this case, you have to fix this first.

> I think the problem might be on the need of
> specifying the color space. With the official
> software I have to select "Capture File Format"
> from between:
>
> AVI 8-bitYUV
> AVI 10-bit YUV
> AVI 10-bit RGB
> AVI Motion JPEG
> DPX 10-bit RGB

Please look at this commit:
http://git.videolan.org/?p=ffmpeg.git;a=commitdiff;h=97a27065
and test if Motion JPEG and DPX work like this.
If yes, instead of adding new options "bm_jpeg"
and "bm_dpx", please add a new input_format
option similar to the v4l2 option and deprecate
bm_v210 (or make it an empty option).

> I have found definitions of pix_fmt for RGB444.

This is completely unrelated.

Carl Eugen