[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: GSoC: APNG

Donny Yang work at kota.moe
Mon Mar 23 12:22:01 CET 2015

On 23 March 2015 at 21:50, Donny Yang <work at kota.moe> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was told to send my patch to ffmpeg-devel as well, so here it is.
> Please comment/critique on it and how I should improve the patch.
>
> Regards,
> Donny

so I top posted out of habit.
I also forgot to introduce myself.

I'm currently in the first year of my Computer Science program at uni, but
doing second year courses due to enrolling as an accelerated student three
years ago as a high school student.
So far, most of my programming experience have been in C++ or Javascript
(and x86 assembler), but I should be able to write all right C, being quite
similar to the previous languages and often delving into C sources of
various open source tools for the fun of it.

I choose the APNG project for GSoC because it seems like quite an fun
project to implement, with me learning more about the internal structure of
the PNG format and FFmpeg too.
I've also had a few various situations where I've wanted to output an APNG
with FFmpeg but wasn't able to, because it wasn't implemented yet.

Anyways, hopefully I'm qualified for this task and will be able to be
mentored so I can submit my application to GSoC!

Regards,
Donny