[FFmpeg-devel] Fwd: Help with codecs

Fernandon Bautista fernandobautista017 at gmail.com
Tue May 12 17:16:51 CEST 2015

Dear all,

we have some audio files that we need to convert to WAVE audio, Microsoft
PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz format. They are encoded in a proprietary
software codec that it only runs on Windows. We need to process the audio
decoding in Linux servers and thus we need to find an alternative.

Base on the provider, we expect the audios to be one of those codecs (
http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Verint-Multimedia-Support-Package-100067-program.aspx
):

g7231
g726
g729

We have tried all of them:

ffmpeg -acodec g723_1  -i test.wav -acodec pcm_s16le -map 0 -f wav
test_out.wav
ffmpeg -acodec g726  -i test.wav -acodec pcm_s16le -map 0 -f wav
test_out.wav
ffmpeg -acodec g729  -i test.wav -acodec pcm_s16le -map 0 -f wav
test_out.wav

without exit.

Along with these email I have attached an audio file(which does not contain
any conversation because of privacy issues). We would really appreciate if
you could suggest any advice or direction.

Regards,

Fernando