[FFmpeg-devel] Logitech C930e (C930) H.264 support for ffmpeg

Neik neik at rikai.com
Fri May 15 13:37:40 CEST 2015

I am trying to capture the camera-encoded H.264 video stream from a
Logitech C930e webcam.

It seems that there is support for this in the UVC driver and I
understand that guvcview supports this camera:

http://sourceforge.net/p/linux-uvc/mailman/message/33405777/

But, I am operating in a command line environment. I need to capture the
H.264 stream from the camera, write it to a file, and possibly
retransmit it. I would like to use ffmpeg and ffserver. Ideally I'd like
this to work on a Raspberry Pi, but am happy to use whatever hardware
and OS makes this work.

How can I do this? I'd be willing to pay someone to work on the driver
or the tools, but it's not clear to me how I go about this, or whom I
would ask.

Neik