[FFmpeg-devel] APNG blending with pixel format rgb24 not implemented

Mike Swanson mikeonthecomputer at gmail.com
Sat May 23 03:40:15 CEST 2015

Per the message I get from ffmpeg/ffplay (likewise video players like
mpv that depend on ffmpeg), I get the following message on every frame
of an APNG file that I constructed:
[apng @ 0x7f85c800a460] Blending with pixel format rgb24 is not
implemented. Update your FFmpeg version to the newest one from Git. If
the problem still occurs, it means that your file has a feature which
has not been implemented.

The file is doom3-lights.png, and I have uploaded it to /incoming in
the FTP also as the command suggests. It is a file I created by using
ffmpeg to record from the game (with x11grab), outputted individual png
frames from ffmpeg and then constructed into an APNG by using apngasm.

As the message suggests, I tried compiling the current HEAD of ffmpeg
and it still is unsupported.