[FFmpeg-devel] VS 2015 patch

Bruce Dawson brucedawson at google.com
Wed Nov 25 01:02:01 CET 2015

Interesting. I grabbed the code with:

git clone https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/third_party/ffmpeg

and that contains BUILD.gn as part of the repo. Is it possible that
BUILD.gn is part of the repo but is only used when it is part of Chromium?
That appears to be the case, in which case Chromium needs the patch landed
and it shouldn't affect anyone else.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Hendrik Leppkes <h.leppkes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 11:18 PM, Bruce Dawson <brucedawson at google.com>
> wrote:
> > I've been working on getting Chromium compiling with VS 2015 and there
> are
> > some tweaks needed to ffmpeg to get it working with gn. Currently the
> > BUILD.gn file defines five symbols/keywords that are missing from VS
> 2013's
> > C compiler, and defines _snprintf to make it safer. These defines are
> > illegal and do not work in VS 2015, , and they are not necessary because
> VS
> > 2015 supplies inline, snprintf, etc. These are the defines:
> >
> >   "inline=__inline",
> >   "strtoll=_strtoi64",
> >   "strtod=avpriv_strtod",
> >   "snprintf=avpriv_snprintf",
> >   "_snprintf=avpriv_snprintf",
> >   "vsnprintf=avpriv_vsnprintf",
> >
> > The attached patch lets ffmpeg build with both VS 2013 and VS 2015.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> FFmpeg builds with VS2015 out of the box today.
>
> BUILD.gn is not part of ffmpeg, so I suppose you send the patch to the
> wrong place.
>
> - Hendrik

Bruce Dawson