[FFmpeg-devel] GreenMetadata complexity metric access through high level API

Nicolas Derouineau nicolas.derouineau at vitec.com
Mon Nov 30 14:21:50 CET 2015

Hello

>you should look at avframesidedata

Actually the issue is that the green metadatadata are concerning the upcoming frame (They are used to predict the upcoming complexity).

The avframesidedata are concerning a frame which is already decoded (so it's not useful in the case of greenmetadata).

We made a proof of concept using a home made parsing function (replacing av_read_frame() by a custom one), but we are thinking about a more portable solution.

Nicolas DEROUINEAU
Research Engineer
VITEC

T.  +33 1 46 73 06 06