[FFmpeg-devel] QSV dynamically linked on linux

Ivan Uskov ivan.uskov at nablet.com
Fri Oct 16 12:10:30 CEST 2015

Hello Julien,

JF> Hi all,

JF> I'm using QuickSync and FFmpeg on linux.
JF> It works well for encoding and decoding when I build it with
JF> --enable-static.

JF> But when I build it with --enable-shared, it hangs.
JF> So my question is: is it supposed to work when dynamically linked?
As  far as I understanding, here only libmfx library can be the reason of the
issue. Possible libmfx was compiled without -fPIC flag.
There are two source of libmfx possible, original Intel distributive and
mfx_dispatch project: https://github.com/lu-zero/mfx_dispatch
For  both  cases  libmfx  delivers  in sources so you can double-check how it
compiles, and try to recompile libmfx with forced -fPIC compiler option.
In general linker should to reject libs compiled without position-independent
code option so the  reason may be more deep and complex but -fPIC is first what
necessary to check.

--
Best regards,
 Ivan                            mailto:ivan.uskov at nablet.com