[FFmpeg-devel] Encoding with QSV at an API level.

Paul Knopf theonlylawislove at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 21:13:05 CEST 2015

Hey guys,

Is there an example somewhere, using the "h264_qsv" encoder at an API level?

Let's say I have an application that encodes and muxes a file to mp4, using
libx264. Is it possible to just switch encoders? Will other things have to
change, like pixel formats?

I switched the encoders just like this.

// old (libx264)
//AVCodec* codec = avcodec_find_encoder(AV_CODEC_ID_H264);
// new (Intel Quick Sync)
AVCodec* codec = avcodec_find_encoder_by_name("h264_qsv");

However, when calling avcodec_encode_video2,I get an access violation.

Am I doing this wrong?

I posted by question on StackOverflow as well for better visibility.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33267213/ffmpeg-encoding-with-intel-quick-sync-throwing-access-violation-reading-locati

--
Thanks!

~Paul