[FFmpeg-devel] Opinons on adding "tickets fixed" to the Changelog

Ganesh Ajjanagadde gajjanag at mit.edu
Sun Sep 6 17:27:08 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I noticed that glibc lists all the tickets/bug reports fixed in the
Changelog, and was wondering whether it would be beneficial if ffmpeg
did the same for its releases.

The benefit I see is that this is a "user-facing" change and thus
ideally should be documented in the relase notes.

The drawback I see is that this is an additional burden on the people
in charge of the release, and technically one can examine the git logs
to get the list of tickets fixed. On the other hand, such log
examination can be troublesome for some users, and many might just
obtain the snapshot lacking such history.

I myself have no opinions on this.

Regards,
Ganesh