[FFmpeg-devel] IRC meeting on Saturday 2015-09-12, UTC 15:00

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Sep 8 12:20:42 CEST 2015

On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 09:25:20PM -0700, Yayoi Ukai wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 7, 2015 at 4:41 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 11:37:47AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I propose to have an official IRC meeting on the next Saturday, and I
> >> propose the tentative time of 15:00 UTC, but feel free to propose a
> >> different time if this can't suit you.
> >>
> >> The IRC meeting channel will be public and the log will be published
> >> at the end of the meeting.
> >>
> >> This meeting is also meant as a preparation for the real-life meeting
> >> that will be held in Paris at the next VDD
> >> (http://www.videolan.org/videolan/events/vdd15/) for the FFmpeg
> >> developers who will attend it.
> >>
> >> I propose these topics of the day (suggested by ubitux on IRC):
> >> 1. ABI compatibility policy
> >> 2. general policy decision process
> >> 3. VDD15
> >> 4. Any other business
> >
> > 5. Outreachy funding, we again need funding for the next round (winter 2015)
> > i guess this doesnt need "discussion" but we need to find a sponsor or
> > use our limited funds
>
> I am happy to help fundraising for the next round of Outreachy.
> Please let me know if I can help.

sure you can help!
if you can find some company to fund FFmpeg 1 slot in the next
round of outreachy. But its not easy!
please see https://wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy/Admin/InfoForOrgs
AFAIK 6500 USD are required to sponsor 1 slot which is the minimum
needed to participate

Many things microsoft did are stupid, but not doing something just because
microsoft did it is even more stupid. If everything ms did were stupid they
would be bankrupt already.