[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Server "move"

Ganesh Ajjanagadde gajjanag at mit.edu
Mon Sep 21 21:43:08 CEST 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:
>> This "decision" thingy, is intended to confirm that
>> * Stuff should be moved to the telepoint server, possibly duplicates
>>   should be left at/moved to the hetzner server for redundancy, if
>>   this is technically possible (maybe it should be called copy instead
>>   of move in that case)
>
> As discussed at VDD15 and posted to the admin IRC and emailed to the
> root email address:
> It was agreed by a large group of developers that this should be put
> on hold and videolan remain a valid option.
>
> You can't just make these unilateral decisions.

Correct me if I am wrong; but it does not seem at all unilateral to
me. Michael presumably is giving 10 days of time for a consensus to
emerge on this, in which (I assume) all current committee people can
have a say.

By the way, I would also like to ask someone to put out the salient
outcomes (relevant to the project) of the VDD15 discussion on the
mailing list as a new thread. As it stands, I am completely in the
dark as to what happened at VDD.