[FFmpeg-devel] Compiling issue with x265 with ffmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 22:27:02 CEST 2016

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 19:53:07 +0000, Akshat Singh wrote:
> I use this guide to compile ffmpeg and other libraries but I have come to

Which guide?

Questions regarding the compilation of ffmpeg and the use of the
command line tools should be directed to the ffmpeg-user mailing list.
What's more, this is an x265 issue and belongs somewhere totally else.

> learn that for x265 to support 10 bit encoding it has to manually specified

You do have a 64-bit platform, do you?

> I found that I had to add another command to cmake while compiling which
> was "-HIGH_BIT_DEPTH:bool=on" and I used it as "sudo apt-get install cmake

I think that should be "-DHIGH_BIT_DEPTH:bool=on" (note the extra 'D').

Moritz