[FFmpeg-devel] Compile using bash in Win10 anniversary?

Dan Haddix dan6992 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 21:12:08 EEST 2016

Can you cross compile ffmpeg for Windows using the new bash built in to Win10 anniversary? I'm currently using MinGW but it seems like it might be easier to use the built in bash if possible. However I tried a basic build, using the same commands I do in MinGW, and it fails. So I assume there is something I need to do or setup to make it work, but I'm not sure what as my knowledge of Linux is very limited. (I followed a guide to setup MinGW)