[FFmpeg-devel] Outreachy 2016 december

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Aug 19 00:51:31 EEST 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 11:27:49PM +0530, Umair Khan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Michael Niedermayer
> <michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 09:16:16PM +0530, Umair Khan wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> I'd love to mentor some *easy* project in the Outreachy program
> >> definitely. May be I can even get some students to apply to the
> >> program.
> >
> > that would be great, do you have any specific ideas for a easy
> > project ?
>
> I currently have no ideas in mind.
> I myself have a lot of experience with AOSP (Android Open Source), may
> be something related to that?

android or AOSP related projects surely would be interresting

Awnsering whenever a program halts or runs forever is
On a turing machine, in general impossible (turings halting problem).
On any real computer, always possible as a real computer has a finite number
of states N, and will either halt in less than N cycles or never halt.