[FFmpeg-devel] Possible long(er?) term support

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Wed Aug 24 19:51:27 EEST 2016

Hello -

   We're about to get rpmfusion up and running with EL7 support, and we're
debating what version of ffmpeg to start with.  In general on the EL platform
we try to keep versions stable and not introduce any ABI changes unless
absolutely necessary.

  Would the ffmpeg developers be willing treat any particular release as a
long-term-support release and try to do security updates for it?  If so, would
either 3.0 or 3.1 be preferrable for this?  FWIW, 3.1 appears to require
pre-release versions of vlc and kodi, but these may be worth waiting for.

Thank you for your consideration.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                       orion at nwra.com