[FFmpeg-devel] HLS Segmenter and the "hls_time" option

Ibrahim Tachijian barhom at netsat.se
Fri Aug 26 03:17:37 EEST 2016

Steven, I am not sure you understood me correctly or perhaps I did not
explain myself optimally.

We still want to split by keyframe in a normal fashion. But, for example,
would like the first 5 segments to have an "hls_time" of 1s and the rest of
the segments after the first 5 to have an "hls_time" of 5s.

An made up option would be (hls_time_initial Seconds,Number)

   - "-hls_time_initial 1,5 -hls_time 5"

The output playlist would contain segments (split at keyframes) 5 segments
of length 1s and then any segment after the initial 5 segment would be 5s.

Is it clear what I am trying to explain?

What do you think? Do you know how this can be achieved?

Thanks,