[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Revoke the decision of dropping ffserver

Lukasz Marek lukasz.m.luki2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 03:22:05 EET 2016

On 28.11.2016 19:53, Lou Logan wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 28, 2016, at 09:15 AM, Nicolas George wrote:
>>
>> ffserver has users
>
> I don't know of any. Do you have an estimation of how many users there
> may be? How much feedback has there been from these alleged users
> regarding the removal plans?

I don't have an estimation, but some time ago I got emails from users
directly into my email regarding some issues or asking for help. It was
the time when I worked on config stuff of ffserver. I am not albe to
tell you if it was 2, 3 or more, but there are some users for sure.

Regarding voting I will not vote, but arguing ffserver must be deleted,
because it was decided basing on facts that may change soon is funny. Of
course it is an important rule of the universe that in regular periods
of time very determined person to delete something is spawned (or to
block something), but being reasonable is also good rule of thumb :P