[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Revoke the decision of dropping ffserver

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 16:23:12 EET 2016

On 12/5/2016 7:20 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

>>> We - obviously - announced it to find somebody who would fix the issues
>>> raised. If they are fixed, the "decision" is of course void, and we don't
>>> have to vote about it.
>>
>> That's not what was announced, at all. Please, read the news entry in question
>> and inform yourself in the subject before trying to participate in a discussion.
>
> That is exactly what I would like you to do.
> What else would have been the reason for the announcement?

How about you actually *try* reading the news entry, instead of passing the
ball? You might just find out if you do it carefully and pay attention to
each sentence. Especially the part where it invites people to write a
replacement, and says nothing about voiding the decision if "issues are
fixed".

> I believe that it is absolutely unacceptable to remove a used feature of
> FFmpeg without a technical reason and I therefore believe that this
> vote does not make much sense.

The technical reasons are there, described in the news entry you seem to
not want to read, or at least properly parse.
These past week however saw one developer working against the clock doing
what the actual people interested in ffserver should have done for the past
few months and even years. That is, he addressed most, but not all, of those
and other reasons.

You and Nicolas sure love your historical revisionism.