[FFmpeg-devel] Removing DCE

Rostislav Pehlivanov atomnuker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 07:50:50 EET 2016

On 23 December 2016 at 05:12, Matt Oliver <protogonoi at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I did a quick check over the FFmpeg source for all occurrences of DCE in
> the code base. So far I have found the following:
> 251 uses of DCE with ARCH_XXX
> 54 uses of DCE with HAVE_XXX
> 205 uses of DCE with CONFIG_XXX
>

> Basically all of the uses of ARCH_XXX with DCE just call a single function
> such as:
> if (ARCH_X86)
>         ff_aac_dsp_init_x86(s);

I wouldn't mind a patch which did that, even if it meant adding a line for
every file which did that.
I'm not a preprocessor wizard but couldn't you hide all that in a macro,
like:

INIT_ARCH_CODEPATH(ARCH_X86, ff_aac_dsp_init_x86(s)))

if you define the macro in config.h somehow such that the preprocessor
doesn't evaluate whether ARCH_X86 is defined?