[FFmpeg-devel] Serious Regression in matroskaenc:

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 23 13:58:46 EET 2016

Nicolas, I'm afraid but I got the feeling that you haven't really understood what this is about.

In July I already submitted a patch for matroscaenc.c in order to write duration metadata to the
mkv header early. The purpose was to have a duration value in the mkv header even in cases
where the mkv file is streamed to the client before ffmpeg as even finished it's process.

This patch has been accepted and merged.

This time I'm reporting that the preliminary header written to mkv files is corrupted since recent
versions. This hadn't been the case for ffmpeg versions during the last 3 years. A clear regression,
I don't think that there is anything to discuss!

So, a precise analysis is what I already have, and all I'm asking is if somebody wants to take care
of it (like someone that has done those recent changes) or if I should work on a fix on my own.

I think this is a legitimate question for the developer list and not a user question.

Regards,

softworkz