[FFmpeg-devel] Allocating a single YUV buffer rather than 3?

John Cox jc at kynesim.co.uk
Mon Feb 1 16:17:51 CET 2016

Hi

In order to get a copy-free display on my target h/w I need to have my
decode output YUV planes contiguous.  The default allocater gets each
plane separately (so they aren't or at least aren't always).  Is there a
simple preferred way of getting this to work?  I've got slightly lost in
the maze of twisty little frame/buffer allocation functions and a
pointer to the right place would be extremely helpful.

If methods vary by decoder/format then I'm only really interested in
H.265 8-bit 4:2:0 at the moment.

Many thanks

JC