[FFmpeg-devel] Replacing fate.f.o with fatebeta

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Fri Feb 5 02:58:14 CET 2016

On Thu, Feb 04, 2016 at 05:10:16PM -0800, Timothy Gu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It has been more than a year (whew!) since I deployed the [new FATE server][1]
> to fatebeta.ffmpeg.org. Not much has changed on my end, except that some
> bugs are fixed and some long-sought-after features like the failometer are
> implemented.
>
> Earlier today, on the #ffmpeg-devel IRC channel, several people have expressed
> their support for fatebeta to go out of beta, as well as several suggestions:
>
> 09:21 <@nevcairiel> or you know, just replace fate already
> 09:21 <@nevcairiel> i've been using it exclusively lately, anything wrong with
>                     it? :)
> 09:21 <@Daemon404> i keep forgetting it exists
> 09:22 <@nevcairiel> the main reason i use it is the version branch separation,
>                     release branches clutter the view on the main one so much
> 09:22 < jamrial> fatebeta is nice but it would be nicer if it also had the
>                  same top bar as the original fate
>

> As of now, the "top bar" James mentioned has been added, so fatebeta has full
> feature parity with the old FATE website.

does fatebeta support the frontpage dropdown lists of failed tests?
(see attached image)

also on
http://fatebeta.ffmpeg.org/v2.8
the top bar indicates more yellow than the results column (this is
likely the same with the old fate but its really annoying to not know
easily where it comes from)

In fact, the RIAA has been known to suggest that students drop out
of college or go to community college in order to be able to afford
settlements. -- The RIAA