[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC v4] libbavcodec: add a native decoder for the Daala video codec

Ganesh Ajjanagadde gajjanag at mit.edu
Fri Jan 1 21:39:50 CET 2016

On Fri, Jan 1, 2016 at 12:16 PM, Rostislav Pehlivanov
<atomnuker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback.
> Fixed all the issues you reported. The new revision is in this email.
>
> I've replaced the daalaent_cphase with a macro instead. Saves a few lines.
>
> I don't think it's a problem having large functions marked as inline.
> Sure they won't be inlined (not with current GCC version anyway) but
> I've always though it was best to leave it up for the compiler to know
> how big is too big.

At O3, small functions get inlined anyway based on the judgement of
the compiler regardless of inline/no inline keyword. Thus, why bother
with the keyword?

> Although if you still think they should be just left as <static> or
> moved to a C file then just say so.

Please get rid of the inlines where pointed out by others. Whether to
do it as <static> or moved to a C file is really up to you.