[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC v4] libbavcodec: add a native decoder for the Daala video codec

Rostislav Pehlivanov atomnuker at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 01:16:04 CET 2016

Fair enough, I will leave only the BSD-2 clause license and I'll put the
files as an exception when I send the decoder as another RFC.
Ronald has agreed to review the decoder (on a technical side of things) if
he has time this weekend so I'll wait for him to try to finish his review.

In any case, can you check out ./libavcodec/mips/aac* ?
They have both the BSD license and the FFmpeg license at the top, which is
what I did. If that's not valid then we should probably consider doing
something about that.

>but as said please choose one license and use (only)
>the one you choose for the newly added files.
I would have used the LGPL license but unfortunately since there are no
specifications and only a reference decoder I had to reuse parts of it (DCT
and PVQ parts of the code) and although you can argue that really there is
no other way to actually write a decoder the BSD license states that
whatever happens to the code the license needs to stay.