[FFmpeg-devel] Discussion related to the use of a global thread pool rather than the current threading model

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 15:19:43 CET 2016

On 9 January 2016 at 00:39, Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com> wrote:
> This seems to be a rather contentious subject. Would you be amenable to
> perhaps joining #ffmpeg-devel to discuss in real time? In my experience,
> stuff gets cleared up a lot faster, and with few misunderstandings / large
> mailing list flames/threads, for subjects like these, in such a setting.
> That's just my 2 cents of course.

It's already Saturday here, and 1:20AM. So can't argue with much conviction :)

As mentioned on #opus, be it a global pool, or a call back , or
whatever context that can be shared across decoder, the end result is
the same: share of resources across all decoders.

I will come on Monday if that's okay... could setup a time that works
for you. I'm based in Melbourne Australia