[FFmpeg-devel] How to build for static ffmpeg executable

John Pompeii lksm6 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 21 00:57:03 CET 2016

Thanks Tim,I am developing a new protocol to support reading aes-ctr ecrypted video files.  So I this question is development related but I couldn't really gauge if build issues are development or not.
>> But for convenience, you have to make sure the external libraries are built as
>> static libraries with DLLs disabled, or the compiler will link to them by
>> default.
Im not building things like the compilers and runtime libs, they just come with the platform.  Since the project distributes versions of ffmpeg builds as static exe's, I would assume there is a build process for it?  (without having a specially created environment or hacking the configure file...)
 --john