[FFmpeg-devel] 1 bpp BMP sample with palette in the 'bmp' directory of the FATE test suite

Mats Peterson matsp888 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 26 10:42:18 CET 2016

I discovered a 1 bpp BMP file with a palette called 'test1.bmp' in the
'bmp' directory of the FATE test suite. When converting this file with,
say, "ffmpeg -i test1.bmp test.avi", the output file will use the colors
of the palette in the BMP file, not black & white. Also, the pixel
format used for the file is pal8, not monow. This leads me to believe we
should use pal8 for raw 1 bpp video in AVI in rawdec.c as well, in spite
of Microsoft's use of the word "monochrome". But then again, the pal8 to
yuv420p conversion discrepancies, using 0x10 and 0xEB instead of 0x00
and 0xFF as the output values, will have to get fixed, in order to pass
the FATE test suite. This is nothing urgent, of course.

Mats

--
Mats Peterson
http://matsp888.no-ip.org/~mats/