[FFmpeg-devel] Outreachy 2016 december

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 11:30:41 EEST 2016

In date Friday 2016-07-22 19:18:13 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 11:25:21PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > The next Outreachy round starts soon
> > FFmpeg has till august 22 IIUC (https://www.gnome.org/outreachy/)
> > to express interrest to participate.
> >
> > We need an admin and backup admins.
>
> ping!
>

> > They need to create the wiki page(s) for this round, and make sure
> > the pages are in shape by the time applicants start pouring in.
> > make sure applicants questions (like "[FFmpeg-devel] need guidance")
> > get awnsered
> > recruite mentors,
>
> > secure funding (as in confirming with the community and stefano that
> > SPI/FFIS funding can be used for one slot or find another sponsor)
>

> @stefano, do we have funding for a slot in the next outreachy round?

>From the last published SPI report (2016-01-31), this is the available
fund amount (in USD):

           FFmpeg                             6,008.31
           FFmpeg (Outreachy)                   169.17

Considering that we provided a few refunds and received several
donations you can expect the FFmpeg fund to have more or less the same
amount at the present time.

While the ffis.de fund still contains 9129.56 (EUR).