[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Ban Carl Eugen Hoyos

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:12:58 CEST 2016

On 6/13/16, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/13/16, Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 6/12/16, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> As requested in the IRC meeting I hereby request for the
>>> voting committee to begin voting on whatever to ban Carl
>>> Eugen Hoyos from mailing list, trac and IRC for 4 months,
>>> starting after the voting has finished.
>>
>> I don't remember such thing to have been requested on the IRC meeting.
>> Would you kindly quote the relevant parts of the logs?
>
> It was requested to act because of Carl misbehaviour.
> Logs are available on net.

I was on the meeting and I checked the published logs
before sending my first mail.
That's why I requested that you QUOTE the relevant part.

Let me be blunt. Nobody have requested Carl to be banned,
and definitely not from ML, trac, IRC for 4 months.

Feel free to prove me wrong, by providing the quotes I requested.

>> Also, I would like to know on what grounds and
>> on what charges you request that punishment.
>
> On grounds that he was badmouthing others.

That's way too vague...

1. I'd like to see links and quotes of him doing the things you accuse him of.

2. I'd like to know why we have to ban him for 4 months exactly? Why
ban him from ML, IRC, Trac, but not git?
How did you determined that this punishment is the one that is most
fitting the crimes he has done?

I can give you a lot of repeated incidents where people have badmouthed Carl.
Should we ban them all in a similar way? Months and years after the fact?

Also, If we are going to punish somebody, there should be a due
process before that.
Witch hunts are nasty things.

> Many devs requested punishment.
Did they?

Many people wanted breaking CoC to have consequences.
But I do not remember anybody requesting Carl to be banned for 4 months.
Feel free to prove me wrong, with quotes.