[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] Ban Carl Eugen Hoyos

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Mon Jun 13 12:02:09 CEST 2016

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 10:58:37PM +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As requested in the IRC meeting I hereby request for the
> voting committee to begin voting on whatever to ban Carl
> Eugen Hoyos from mailing list, trac and IRC for 4 months,
> starting after the voting has finished.
>
> Voting will last 7 days from now.
> In order for the vote to pass, at least 50% of all votes
> from committee need to agree to do so.
>
> All developers and users are welcome to write about their
> experiences with Carl.

I'm against for several reasons:

- there is not a single reason provided in this mail (not saying there
  isn't any but it seems you're expecting people to provide them)
- 4 months is extremely long, there is no proof Carl Eugen is a
  criminal
- I don't think we should consider the CoC retroactive

While I disagree with Carl Eugen on various aspects (mainly the toxic
attitude towards certain other developers and at times users), this
chastisement request sounds completely out of the reality, and illustrate
very well the problem of overreacting in this community.

Regards,

--
Clément B.