[FFmpeg-devel] AAC encoder 3x performance drop in 3.0 since Oct 2014

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue Mar 1 04:07:20 CET 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 10:02:46PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 9:30 PM, Ganesh Ajjanagadde <gajjanag at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Ideally, FATE should have some basic plotting/performance
> > infrastructure, e.g a client can submit perf figures so that evolution
> > over time can be viewed. No idea why this can't be done.
>

> It can - it just hasn't been done yet :)
>
> Patches welcome, and I personally think this would be very useful and quite
> cool.

i too think this would be cool, it will be somewhat noisy though for
some clients (like mine, which run in 8 VMs on the same host)
depending on how many of them run and how many are idle there will
be fluctuations

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato