[FFmpeg-devel] Libavcodec consulting
jonathan.girven at trickbook.com
Thu Mar 3 13:11:25 CET 2016
We are interested in getting a consultant in to help with libav usage in
iOS video editing app and I was directed to post to this list. Our app
to download a small section of a large video file hosted on a remote http
server. We have found that AVFoundation is not suitable for our purposes.
instead want to use libav. The requirements are:
- The file is hosted on a remote http server.
- We want to specify an input file, start time to seek to, duration to
and an output file.
- The original file is in mp4 format.
- The saved file should also be in mp4 format.
- All other video data should be copied.
- The function should provide an interface to get a download progress
- The code cannot read in the entire remote video file to get a segment at
end of the file.
- We will be calling the function from an iOS application, so should be
- The code can make use of libraries such as FFmpegWrapper for iOS.
An equivalent ffmpeg command would be:
$ ffmpeg -i http://www.example.com/input.mp4 -ss start_time -t duration
This first project could lead to future opportunities in the future. Would
anyone be interested in taking this on? If so, could you provide a rough
and time estimation, so we can discuss futher.
More information about the ffmpeg-devel