[FFmpeg-devel] [PATCH 0/2] New versioning (was: version.sh: Always use latest tag for generated version number)
timothygu99 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 02:50:48 CET 2016
This patch set implements the versioning algorithm I recently proposed.
The first patch addresses an already existing problem with version.sh.
The second is the one actually implementing the change.
To Michael and all release makers: after this patchset when making a
release in a release branch, please do ALL of the following in the
1. cp RELEASE VERSION
2. git add VERSION
3. Update doc/Doxyfile and Changelog
4. git commit -a -m "Update for $(cat VERSION)"
5. git tag -a -m "Release $(cat VERSION)"
6. Edit RELEASE to make it contain next version
7. git rm VERSION
8. git commit -a -m "Next release is $(cat RELEASE)"
The differences to before is that, first, rather than updating RELEASE
right before a release, it must be updated after the release is made;
second, VERSION must be checked in at the tag, and removed immediately
after the release is made.
When a release branch is cut, do the following
1. Remove "-master" in RELEASE
2. git commit -a -m "Next release is $(cat RELEASE)"
Timothy Gu (2):
version.sh: Fix Git directory
version.sh: Add next release to the version
RELEASE | 2 +-
version.sh | 54 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------------------
2 files changed, 35 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)
More information about the ffmpeg-devel