[FFmpeg-devel] Motion interpolation in libavfilter

Andy Furniss adf.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 22:50:52 CET 2016

compn wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 09:26:22 +0100
> Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 3/8/16, Subhashish Pradhan <sprkv5 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am Subhashish Pradhan, a CS undergrad from India. I want to take
>>> up the project "Motion interpolation in libavfilter" for GSoC 2016
>>> and I'd like to understand the goals for this project.
>>
>> Goals are already written on wiki, if you have more specific
>> questions ask them.
>
> the goals on the wiki for motion interpolation in libavfilter are here:
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/GSoC/2016#Motioninterpolationinlibavfilter

"Expected results: State of the art frame interpolation in the
libavfilter" !!!

So what's considered state of the art in 2016?

It's years ago, but I've read of some pretty complicated methods for
doing this.

Maybe random old PHD papers like below are misleading but what is
someone expected to do in a summer?

http://www.blivdatalog.dk/forskning/Publikationer/tekniske_rapporter/2007/07-03.pdf