[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]lavf/mxfdec: Assume first track if track number is unknown

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Mar 13 15:25:44 CET 2016

Tomas Härdin <tomas.hardin <at> codemill.se> writes:

> On Thu, 2016-03-10 at 15:06 +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> >
> > Attached patch fixes ticket #5312 here.
> > The OP claims that the file plays fine with Mainconcept software,
> > afaict the track number of the video track in the mxf header
> > (0x15010800) does not match the track number of the video frames
> > (0x15010500 == 352388352).
>
> Hrm, this sounds suspicious. But I think happens for some other
> files too, and I guess playing something is better than nothing..
> Perhaps we can have it be a bit more stringent with when it
> applies this hack?
> Like if there's only a single track

The file in question has several tracks, see the console output
in ticket #5312.
The demuxer already accepts any track number for single-track
files.
I was hoping you could have a look at the sample in
http://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket5312/
I hope I missed something...

Thank you, Carl Eugen