[FFmpeg-devel] getting wall clock time from rtsp stream

Daniel Oberhoff danieloberhoff at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 23:19:55 CET 2016

Hi,

We tried this via the docs but got lost heavily. We need the actual wall clock time of video data from a camera which delivers via rtsp. I have read around that there are things like RTCP sender reports and such on the low level containing this info, and I have seen indication that it is somehow parsed by ffmpeg. What is the easiest way to get to this information? Best wpuld be command line dump of the time of the first frame, but rendering it somewhere, or even hacking ffmpeg would be doable too.

Very thanlful for help, as we really need this to sync the video data to sensor data form other sources.

Best

Daniel