[FFmpeg-devel] Thirdparty codec integration.

Suresh Kumar suresh.vavilala at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:05:19 CET 2016

Hello,

Currently i am integrating a third party video decoder to FFMPEG.
I have an issue with my decoder. As it is giving multiple output frames for
single packet/frame.

I have tried the possible scenarios
1. If i return the decode function immediately(with consumed bytes) after
getting the output frame with "got_frame" to 1. For the next decode call
its getting new packet to decode. But previous packet is not decoded
fully.(which is lost).
2. If i continue to decode, not sure how to give multiple frames to the
output.

Please suggest me how to proceed.

Thanks
Suresh.