[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] Merge commit '2758cdedfb7ac61f8b5e4861f99218b6fd43491d'

Derek Buitenhuis derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:47:58 CEST 2016

On 5/4/2016 9:08 PM, Thierry Foucu wrote:
> I noticed that this commit remove the function ffurl_register_protocol
> which allows people to register their own protocol when using libavformat.

This is intended. It was never, ever a public API on purpose, and it
was never supported or allowed.

> But now, the protocols are stored in a static array:
> Is there any plan to re-introduce the functionality  of registering our own
> protocol?

Not as far as I know, since it was never public. You were cannibalizing an internal
API which was never supposed to be stable, and as such, there is nothing to
"re-introduce".

I believe you should be more or less able to accomplish the same thing by registering
custom AVIO reads callbacks, though.

- Derek