[FFmpeg-devel] Remove Derek Buitenhuis from MAINTAINERS

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Fri May 20 06:07:34 CEST 2016

On Fri, 20 May 2016 01:55:15 +0200
Lukasz Marek <lukasz.m.luki2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 19 May 2016 at 15:18, Derek Buitenhuis <derek.buitenhuis at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On 5/19/2016 2:12 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > > if derek still wants to leave in 2 weeks then so be it, its his
> > > choice but i really hope things can be resolved in a way that
> > > everyone stays and works together and is happy
> >
> > I will wait 2 weeks.
> >

> Is Derek revoked to commit or what? Couldn't he just commit this
> patch and leave? :P  I was a problem for some people, but I see they

derek and all other devs still have commit access. no one has been
banned, removed, sanctioned or anything. derek said he
unsubscribed from the mailing lists, himself.

nothing stopping him from committing this himself.

i would hope developers could work, if not together, at least
tolerate each other. i understand some devels have had disagreements
for years now.

i'd hate to see anyone leave, but i also am not a fan of arguments in
every thread either. i ignore comments most times and stick to
the code.

imo i wouldnt call any discussions in the past years "toxic". a few
gripes, snarks or passive agressive comments from a few developers,
sure.

show me one software project that doesnt have conflicts between
developers.

if any of my mail has offended anyone, please read it with the most
gracious and open tone, i am not trying to be insulting.

-compn