[FFmpeg-devel] TR-03 implementation

compn tempn at mi.rr.com
Thu Nov 10 23:20:05 EET 2016

On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 14:44:44 -0500 (EST)
Éloi Bail <eloi.bail at savoirfairelinux.com> wrote:

> We would like to contribute to FFmpeg by adding the support of those
> pixel formats and thus make FFmpeg usable for the next generation of
> broadcasting products.
>
> Could you tell us if our contribution would make sense and eventually
> advise us on the best way to address that ?

sure, ffmpeg has support for many pixel formats and adding more
pixfmts is not a problem.

my best answer would be to look at commits which add other pixel
formats and just follow how they were added to libswscale. make some
fate tests, and it should be done.

hopefully you have test samples made of these pixfmts you want to add.
that makes testing for us easier, as we can test on multiple cpu
arch's to make sure the code is safe and works.

-compn